Wesconi works mainly with Tier1 and Tier2 manufacturers and suppliers operating in the CEE region in the fields of trucks, marine engines, rail vehicles, construction equipment, and power generation.
Projects implemented in the area Greenfield & Brownfield
- Construction of a new Slovak facility for metal processing of precision components, including a modern, expanded production/Greenfield project with focus on optimized work-flow, 5S, and Lean. (Facility with first stage of approx. 5.600 m2 on a 23.000 m2 plot. Project implementation as a „first mover“ in newly emerging industrial area of the city of Banská Bystrica in Central Slovakia. Coordination of construction activities in conjunction with local authorities as well as regional contractors and suppliers, including determining the first closure of the complete infrastructure, such as roads, power supply, communication links, etc. Project implementation including all approval processes, transfer and production start within planned budgets and on schedule.
- New installation and relocation of production facilities within the responsible sites or across borders in new factories in Central or Eastern Europe. Agreement of the complete PPAR and ISIR process with on-site customers and organisation. Installation of appropriate measurement technology and restoration of machining and processing capabilities. Reactivation of the auditing capability in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001 as well as the VDA guidelines.
- Support in the planning of new factories and production units. Focus on the subsequent realisation and implementation of production processes. Cooperation with the authorities responsible for construction and logistics. Definition of the basic parameters for the start of the bidding phase and localisation of potential partners for implementation. Construction management and protection of investor interests, especially for projects in Central and Eastern Europe.
Projects implemented in the area Performance Improvement
- Further development of existing production processes according to common methods of CIP (continuous investment processes). Installation and application of effective control circuits, e.g. according to the PDCA principle.
- Successful reduction of scrap rates, improved tool life, increased system efficiency in accordance with OEE rating. Particular focus on plant efficiency through the reduction of downtime accomplished through optimised values streams, strategic batch-size planning, and quick set-up. Continuous implementation of the improvements as well as implementation in the intensive stages of regeneration.
- Business expansion and optimization of KPIs according to the balanced scorecard concept. Optimisation of processes with the goal of maximum system utilisation and thereby development of the facility for leading companies in the group from an EBITDA standpoint.
- Implementation of ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001.
- • Responsible units of up to > 570 employees.
Projects implemented in the area Change & Transformation
- Project management in the area of fittings and the sanitary industry. Management of innovation processes at leading companies in the world market. (Project name: GROHE VERIS). Implementation according to proven project management methods, compliance with principles of the PMI (project management institute) and application of the stage-gate process.
- In the context, of project management, coordination of members from all relevant business areas, e.g. design, marketing, purchasing, production, supply chain and quality in five facilities (three countries on two continents). Demanding „Time to Market“ challenges and successful launch of the product family on the planned exhibition date.